Transfer of Moored FADs from Guadeloupe to Azores and Madeira
The main goal is to carry out a transfer of technology on MFADs from Guadeloupe to Azores and Madeira.
- Development of MFADs adapted to local conditions (anchoring, ropes and buoys specification, etc.) and to local constraints of fisheries
- Co-building of MFADs with fishers from Azores and Guadeloupe
- MFAD setting in Azores with Guadeloupe team
- MFAD reporting and monitoring
Experimental fishing targeting small-scale deep water bottom fisheries using long-line and hand-lines (from Azores to Guadeloupe and Canaries)
- Based on available references, an experiment will be designed for longline and handline
- Deep-sea fishing experiments in Canaries will be undertaken with fishers implication
- Exchange knowledge on low-impact deep-sea fishing experiments among fishermen from different OR
- If possible, fishers from Guadeloupe will be invited to the experiment
Equipment through experimentation of a sample of small fishing vessels with GPS devices
This task aims to experiment a sample of voluntary fishing vessels with geo-tracking devices in different ORs in order to follow the distribution of their fishing activity.
- Two vessels by OR will be equipped with NAVLOC beacons that measures and records speed, direction and GPS position of the boat.
- Two others vessels will test cheap smartphones with a GPS sensor using a specific application.